Infinite AJAX Scroll
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.3.0 released
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.3.0 has just been released and is now available for download.
This release contains various improvements:
- More fine-grained control over the ajax request with the availability of the
ajaxOptionsproperty on the
- Added a new option
initialize, giving you more control about when to activate IAS.
And a minor fix:
readyevent is now actually triggered at least once
We like to give a special thanks to our community contributors who helped out with these changes:
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.2.2 released
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.2.2 has just been released and is now available for download.
This release contains various fixes and improvements:
- Fix: render callback is not executed when using a custom render function (fixes #198)
- Fix: unpredictable behaviour when multiple instances used the same selectors for sub-elements (fixes #93)
- Stop ajax responder if instance was destroyed or reinitialized
We like to give a special thanks to our community contributors who helped out with these fixes:
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.2.1 released
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.2.1 has just been released and is now available for download.
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.2.0 released
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.2.0 has just been released and is now available for download.
This is a pretty big release improving the overall stability of the plugin, especially for those who want to use infinite scroll with pages that get updated through AJAX, like search filters and the like.
Here is the full list of fixes and changes:
- Improved documentation on delay and negativeMargin options
- Added FAQ to support documentation
- Added Wordpress cookbook
- Fix: Maintain history state object when changing pages (longzheng)
- Fix: no longer caching $itemsContainer (fixes #153)
- Fix: really destroy instance on destroy method (fixes #160)
- Fix: Replaced deprecated size() with .length (fixes #162)
- Fix: Reworked binding and unbinding (fixes various issues with unbinding)
- Fix: Bail out when device doesn't support onScroll event (like Opera Mini) (fixes #146 by fflewddur)
- Added reinitialize method
If you experience any issues with this release, please let us know through our issue tracker.
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.1.3 released
Infinite AJAX Scroll v2.1.3 has just been released. Here is a list of changes:
- Bug #152 Improve compatibility support when Prototype is used along with jQuery (antoinekociuba)
- Added documentation to GIT repository to help collaboration
Our take on Infinite Scroll
Infinite Scroll is a UX pattern in which a typical pagination is replaced by a script that monitors the current scroll position and loads the next page when a visitor reaches the end of the page. Many websites use infinite scroll including major ones like Twitter and Facebook.
Infinite AJAX Scroll has a unique take on Infinite Scroll. Lets explore some of its advantages.
Plug and play
When building the plugin we wanted it to be simple. While building a server-side pagination is easy, making a client-side infinite scroll can be hard. You have to account for many different browsers and use cases. With Infinite AJAX Scroll you can focus on the easy part: server-side pagination. Most platforms like Wordpress even come with these out of the box.
Infinite scroll can have its weaknesses. For example the inability to permalink the current scrolled to page or unable to reach a footer, because while you scroll down, pages keep loading.
Infinite AJAX Scroll solves these issues with extensions. Take for example the History extension. When enabled the current url is automatically updated when the visitor scrolls through the pages. Now it's easy to copy the url from the address bar and share it with others and land right on the correct page.
The Trigger extension on the other hand lets you configure a "click here to load more" trigger when a visitor scroll through a specified number of pages. This is similar to how Google's infinite scroll works on Image Search.